A Quick Morning Update
A blessed Sunday morning — of course, if you are reading this prior to 10am, then you know that my next sentence is important: Worship begins at 10am; I look forward to seeing you.
However, if you are reading this post-10am and DID NOT come to church, the following information may be of some importance:
1. A reminder about our special worship services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Our Christmas Eve candlelight service begins at 7pm on Monday night. Everyone is invited — including those visitors and family members who will be at your homes. There is no harm in asking them to come to church with you. If they say “No,” you can take their dessert away. Just tell them that the pastor told you to do it. The next morning at 10am, we will continue our celebration of the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. I’ve been going back and forth concerning Morning Prayer tomorrow morning at 7:15am. My reasoning is rather basic one: I was called to jury duty. However, I checked the website this morning and all people between December 24 and 31 have been dismissed. Therefore, Morning Prayer will be held tomorrow at 7:15am. I look forward to seeing all of you.
3. What about Wednesday Night Worship? It is canceled this week. We will pick up next week, January 2, 2012.
4. What about Worship next Saturday at 5pm? It will go on as scheduled.
5. What about Worship next Sunday at 10am? Ditto to the answer to question 4.
6. And what about New Year’s Eve on December 31? Our regularly NYE worship service begins at 4pm.
7. As many of you know, I was appointed by our District President, Rev. Dr. Anthony Steinbronn, to serve on our district’s Disaster Response Team. Last week, I was appointed to serve as a kind of liaison between the DRT and the communications arm of the LCMS. Basically, I get to write stories about what is happening as New Jersey, in particular our members and churches that were so impacted by Superstorm Sandy. Throughout the week, I will be working on this project. I will be asking our Disaster Response Team to post these updates to our district website and also to this blog.
8. Again, church starts at 10am. Those members and children who attended last night can sleep in. Last night we placed the Baby Jesus in the Creche in the church. But church begins at 10am. I look forward to seeing you.