I’ve been a bad pastor for not posting more regularly. And I admit – it is not that I haven’t set aside time to read and write and post — I’ve just gotten lazy when it has come to the blog. Next time you see me in church (reminder – Morning Prayer tomorrow morning at 7:15am; Wednesday night service at 7pm), you can tap me on the side of the head.
Otherwise, just a few points on the past couple of days:
1. If you missed Sunday’s organ dedication, then you missed a truly blessed event in the history of Saint Matthew’s. The music … the choir … the tears for the musical version of the Lord’s Prayer … the violinist and trumpeters … and the pastor getting a little teary eyed. Sunday afternoon’s dedication services was an absolutely wonderful.
2. The sad part of Sunday came from our brothers and sister in Christ at Zion Lutheran in Maywood: Pastor Ed Lazarchuk’s wife, Shirley, died after a long battle with brain cancer. Her funeral will be held at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania on Thursday. I will be attending.
3. We are in the process of trying to donate our old Lutheran Worship hymnals that are boxed up in the Upper Hallway. We have a couple of irons in the fire that I hope will come to fruition whereby our old hymnals can bless the worship of another family of Lutherans.
4. Quarterly statements are available at church — they are located in your mailboxes located in the Upper Hallway. Please take your statement with you the next time you come to church.
5. A point on today — I will be working mostly from the house today, though I will be heading on out on a couple of visits and a CVS run in a little while.