This afternoon, I met with my cancer doctors concerning my pending surgery on Tuesday, October 4 to remove two cancerous tumors in my throat. After talking with them and with Saint Matthew’s Elders this evening, the following was decided:
1. Morning Prayer will be canceled for three weeks beginning on Monday, October 3.
2. Wednesday Night Divine Service with bible class will be canceled on October 5 and October 12.
3. Saturday Night Divine Service will be canceled on October 8 and October 15.
4. Our Sunday Morning worship services will continue at 10am, but I will not be in the pulpit on October 9 and possibly October 16.
5. Confirmation Classes with me will be canceled on October 9 and possibly October 16.
While I will be around in New Milford during my recovery (my doctors want me to stay local), I will be doing very little pastoral care work while I recuperate following my surgery. After this recovery time, I will begin a three-month round of chemotherapy.
I will write more about this over the coming days an din our Saint Matthew’s Matters section on our bulletin this weekend. Right now, I am tired.