Over My Morning Coffee…
A few general notes to start the week (at least for me) off on the right foot:
1. Yesterday, our church’s new landscaper spent over 12 hours cleaning up and planting all over our church grounds. The most stunning change has occurred in the front of the church as the “mess” that was next to our front door and a further “mess” over in front of Founder’s Rock has been eliminated. The workers pulled out bushes and other growing things (I do not possess enough planting knowledge to know the names of all the “growths” that were yanked out of the ground yesterday), shaped up the remaining bushes from all over the church property, worked on the church’s watering system, and mulched every green plant. Additionally, after yanking out bushes and other green growths, they planted new greens and a new tree near the front door. They did an amazing job — and with today’s rain, all the plants (and the tree) will be naturally watered.
2. During a telephone call this morning, I was asked if there was anything new to report regarding the T-Mobile court case. There is no new news.
3. This weekend, we begin the season of Pentecost as we remember the coming of the Holy Spirit to Jesus’ disciples, but also to us. It is a very faith exploring time in the church, so I urge you to not only come to church this weekend, but throughout the coming months as we truly take time to explore our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. June 13th is the date of our annual “Choral Eucharist” when our church choir and that of Saint Paul’s in Closter joins together to worship our Lord and sing praise to Him for all the blessings He has given us. Anyone wishing to join our joint choir on the 13th is asked to come to church this Sunday and remain following our worship service for practice.
5. “The Coffee Hour” will be held this weekend after our Sunday morning worship service. Everyone is invited.
6. June 5th and 6th is a busy time here at Saint Matthew’s! On June 5th, our Ladies Aid is hosting their annual Strawberry Luncheon beginning at noon. Tickets are $12 per adult, $5 per child between 6 and 12, and free for children five and under. Tickets for this event are available NOW. Please give a member of our Ladies Aid a call or just buzz me at (201) 338-0049.
The next day, Sunday June 6th, our Vision Team will be hosting a special Pancake Breakfast after our worship service. There is no charge for the breakfast; just come and enjoy. I do hope that everyone who does come to the breakfast will “pay” with their worship — our church service on June 6th begins at 9:30am.